Luxury Self-Catering holiday accommodation for 11 people in the enchanting little coastal town of Still Bay. It offers the most exquisite view over the Goukou River, the river mouth, the Indian Ocean as well as a large part of the town itself. Quietly sitting high up on the hill from where the magnificent view is unobstructed in every direction.
From there an exhausted soul can watch the striking day-breaks as well as the terrific sunsets on clear days. One can literally feel the weariness lifting layer by layer as the sun slowly moves along its course. Then you begin to understand the name of the town – Still Bay…
Along the Garden Route in the Hessequa area in the Western Cape.
Accommodation at aFantasea Stilbaai
This self-catering holiday house is built on two levels and can accommodate up to 11 people.
This level can sleep up to 7 people. There is a huge living area housing a large flat screen TV as well as a pool table, dart board and comfortable seating. In one corner of this room is a ¾ bed and in the opposite corner is a single bed, adding sleeping space for 2 persons. This area opens onto a balcony with a striking view and comfortable furniture where you can relax with a drink and enjoy the peaceful view.
Blu Room (Sleeping 2)
There is 1 large bedroom with two single beds and an en-suite bathroom with shower only. It has a built-in cupboard with shelves as well as hanging space and a dressing table with a mirror. This room has a small kitchenette with a bar-fridge, kettle, glasses, cups as well as a basin with a mixer tap. To the one side of the room there is a large sliding glass door (with curtains for privacy) opening into the huge living area. To the other side of the room there is a door to the Nautical Room.
Nautical Room (Sleeping 1)
Part of the Blu Room, but private, is a small room with 1 single bed as well as a built-in cupboard providing lots of storage space. This room shares the en-suite bathroom in the Blu Room.
Coral Room (Sleeping 2)
Then there is another room with a double bed, en-suite bathroom with a shower, basin and toilet as well as a large mirror. Also a built-in cupboard and dressing table with a proper-sized mirror. There is also a small kitchenette with a bar fridge, kettle as well as tea and coffee making facilities and basin. The kitchenette has a big window with a lovely view which you can enjoy while waiting for the kettle to boil.
This level can accommodate 4 people. There is an enormous open-plan area comprising a lounge area, dining area as well as a kitchen area with a breakfast nook seating 8 to boot. The kitchen is of course fully equipped for self-catering meaning all the necessary appliances are there as well as crockery, cutlery, pots and pans.
The lounge area is furnished with comfortable chairs and couches and in the dining area is a huge, wide table with 12 chairs. From this room you can also step out onto the balcony with comfortable patio furniture and enjoy a sun-downer while watching the day slipping away and the night settling in.
Next to the kitchen is the braai/barbecue room with a bar-fridge as well as an ice-maker and cane chairs. The braai room opens on a balcony from where you can enjoy the captivating view over the Goukou River estuary and the ocean. Right in front of the property is a green area richly covered with indigenous fynbos.
Aqua Room (Sleeping 2)
The spacious main bedroom has a queen size bed, a 3 seater couch, a dressing table with a large mirror as well as a built-in cupboard containing a safe. Also a spacious en-suite bathroom with a corner bath as well as a shower, toilet and double basin. This room opens onto a small balcony with a dazzling view over the estuary as well as the ocean.
Pebbles Room (Sleeping 2)
This room has a double bed and a large mirror. The shower and basin is in the room and there is a separate toilet right outside the room. Pebbles Room has a private entrance with steps from the front of the house onto a large balcony and into the room.
aFantasea Stilbaai Facilities
- Fully equipped kitchen with items such as a microwave, stove with extractor fan, an eye-level oven, kettle, coffee-maker and toaster. Also various other electrical appliances such as an egg-boiler, hand mixer, knife as well as a toasted sandwich maker
- Scullery with a large top-loader washing machine, dishwasher, large fridge as well as a large freezer
- They provide bedlinen as well as towels
- Laundry facilities such as a washing machine, washing line, iron and iron board
- Cleaning services can of course be arranged
- Large flat screen TV with DSTv as well as a
- Pool table, dart board and finger board
- Safe (strong box) in the Aqua Room
- Braai/barbecue room
- Safe parking on the premises
- No smoking inside the house
- Payment by EFT and/or cash
Activities and Attractions in Still Bay and Surrounds
- Nature lovers can enjoy bird watching, walking and hiking, whale watching in the whaling season (July-November) as well as game drives.
- Water sports lovers have a range of exiting activities such as swimming, paddling, surfing, scuba diving as well as water skiing, windsurfing, and kayaking. Also body boarding, sand boarding, rock fishing, river fishing and deep sea fishing.
- For the more academically inclined Still Bay and surrounding offers the ancient fish traps, the Blombos Museum of Archaeology and the shell middens. Likewise the feeding of the eels, the ‘Tuin op die Brak’, the Museum, as well as cheese and wine tasting and locally distilled gin tasting.
- Not to mention all the shopping and eating/dining opportunities!
- Doctors, dentists, vets, pharmacies and emergency services such as the NSRI are of course also available.
aFantasea Stilbaai Selfsorgverblyf
Uiters gerieflike Selfsorg vakansieverblyf teen die hang van ‘n heuwel in Stilbaai met die wydste uitsig oor die prentjie-mooie dorpie, rivier en see. Ongelooflike terapie vir die afgematte siel om ‘n wonderskone sonsopkoms of sonsondergang vanaf die balkon dop te hou. Op die gewilde Tuinroete in die Hessequagebied in die Wes-Kaap.
Akkommodasie by aFantasea Stilbaai
aFantasea bied selfsorg-akkommodasie vir tot 11 persone. Die huis is op twee vlakke gebou.
Die onderste vlak kan 7 persone huisves in ‘n kamer met twee enkelbeddens en ‘n enkelbed in ‘n klein aangrensende kamertjie, asook ‘n badkamer en koffiemaakgeriewe. Daar is verder ‘n yslike woonarea met ‘n groot platskerm TV, snoekertafel en gemakstoele, asook 2 ekstra beddens vir nog slaapplek. So ook nog ‘n kamer met ‘n dubbelbed en en-suite badkamer met ‘n stort, asook koffiemaakgeriewe.
Die boonste vlak het 2 slaapkamers met en-suite badkamers en dubbelbeddens. So ook is daar ‘n ruim oopplan sit-area, eetplek, asook volledig toegeruste kombuis vir selfsorg met ‘n ekstra ontbythoek. Ook ‘n braaikamer met groot braaiplek en so ook ‘n kroegyskassie en ysmaker.