The Anchorage Stilbaai
A Bed & Breakfast (B&B) or self-catering holiday accommodation on the eastern bank of the Goukou River. One kilometre before the Still Bay bridge to the western side of the river. Still Bay is situated around the river estuary in the Western Cape, South Africa along the beautiful Garden Route.
The Goukou River is navigable for 17 km which makes it a popular place to fish, swim and row. The Anchorage is also only 3 km from one of the blue flag beaches, Lappiesbaai Beach on the eastern side of the river.
Guests can choose between self-catering or B&B, but not on weekends, public holidays or school holidays. Apart from being equipped for self-catering, there is a restaurant on the property as well as outdoor braai/barbecue amenities. There are also canoeing facilities available for guests.
Furthermore there is a solar heated swimming pool with a spacious outside area with sun loungers. Also a communal guest lounge with an open fire-place and a flat screen TV with access to all DStv programmes.
The self catering accommodation is situated close to beautiful sandy beaches, scenic nature reserves as well as golfing facilities. Still Bay is a popular playground for kite surfing and surfing. It is the perfect place to unwind and relax!
Accommodation at The Anchorage Stilbaai
This Bed & Breakfast (B&B) or self-catering holiday accommodation offers 5 studio apartments on two levels. Of course the top rooms have a better view onto the river and surrounding areas, but the rooms on ground level are nearer to the barbecue area. Decoration of the rooms is stylish, modern as well as uncluttered.
The bedrooms have either king-size or twin beds, thus sleeping 2 guests each and all come with an en-suite bathroom. Four of these bathrooms have a shower as well as a bath, while the 5th one has a shower only. The bathrooms also have underfloor heating as well as heated towel rails.
All rooms have seating and dining space as well as either a private balcony (top floor) or a private veranda (ground level) with outdoor furniture.
Furthermore each room has a kitchenette equipped for self-catering with a stove and oven, microwave, bar fridge, kettle, toaster, cutlery, crockery, etc.
- Bath towels as well as beach/pool towels
- Bed linen and also other bedding
- Covered balcony or veranda
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Shared DStv
- Tea and coffee facilities
Facilities at The Anchorage Stilbaai
- Braai/barbecue area with a Weber braai
- Communal guest lounge with fire-place as well as a flat-screen TV
- Credit card facilities (Visa as well as Mastercard)
- No children under 12 years of age
- No smoking indoors
- Pets not allowed
- Restaurant on the premises
- Safe available
- Satellite TV (all DStv programs)
- Secure parking on the premises
- Solar heated outdoor swimming pool
Activities and Attractions in Still Bay and Surrounds
- Blue Flag beaches for swimming and sun bathing, surfing in the breakers, scuba diving, as well as windsurfing and body boarding and more
- Goukou River for canoeing, water skiing, fishing, paddling as well as boating
- Fishing in the river as well as rock fishing and deep sea fishing
- Paradise for bird watchers what with the many land as well as sea bird species around
- Hiking trails from gentle strolling along the beach/river to challenging trails such as the Still Bay to Jongensfontein trail along the coast
- Mountain biking trails for the more adventurous and fit
- Whale watching during the winter months when the southern right whales are visiting the South African coastal waters
- Visit the fascinating ancient fish traps
- Peruse the shell middens where the ancient people disposed of their waste
- Visit the Blombos Museum of Archaeology which is accommodated in the Still Bay Tourism Bureau. Obtain full insight on the Blombos cave and the discoveries made such as cave drawings and other interesting artefacts
- Witness the feeding of the eels at the Palinggat (eels rock fountain) and pop in at the Museum while you are there
- Take a walk through the ‘Tuin op die Brak’ indigenous garden on the eastern side of the river
- Visit the cheese-producing farm, Kasselshoop and learn about cheese-making
- Or visit the local gin distillery for a taste of the gin they are very proud of
- Still Bay has a lovely 72 par, 9 hole golf course
- Likewise a bowling green with the most striking view over the ocean
- Also other active clubs such as tennis, jukskei, pistol shooting, bridge and chess
- There is also a miniature golf course (Putt-Putt) on the eastern side of the river
Shopping Opportunities and Banks
- Various gift shops, clothing stores, grocery stores, flea markets as well as side-walk fruit and vegetable stalls
- Still Bay also offers various restaurants, real estate agents as well as night life and events organised with holiday makers in mind
- There are three banks as well as various ATMs
- One petrol station in town as well as one a few kilometres outside town on the way to Riversdale
- Still Bay has available all the necessary emergency services such as doctors, pharmacies, dentists as well as vets
- The decidedly efficient and competent S A Police Station
- Also the highly responsive and capable NSRI Station (National Sea Rescue Institute)
Vakansieverblyf by The Anchorage Stilbaai
Bed en Ontbyt (B&O) of selfsorg-vakansieblyplek op die oostelike oewer van die Goukourivier, so 1 km voor die brug oor die rivier. Die rivier is navigeerbaar tot sowat 17 km inland, dus ‘n gewilde plek om vis te vang, te swem, te roei en so meer. So ongeveer 3 km van The Anchorage is die oostelike blouvlagstrand, Lappiesbaai.
Gaste kan kies tussen bed en ontbyt of selfsorg maar nie oor naweke, openbare vakansiedae of skoolvakansies nie. Daar is ook ‘n restaurant op die perseel en so ook ‘n braaiplek by die swembad. Dit word d.m.v sonkrag verhit en daar is ‘n ruim area rondom die swembad met sonstoele waarop jy kan ontspan.
Die gemeenskaplike sitkamer is ook hier met ‘n kaggel en so ook ‘n platskerm TV met alle Dstv-programme.
Akkommodasie by The Anchorage Stilbaai
Hierdie Bed & Ontbyt (B&O) of selfsorg-vakansieverblyf bied 5 kamers versprei oor twee vlakke. Kamer op die boonste vlak het ‘n beter uitsig oor die rivier, maar kamers op die grondvlak is nader aan die braaigeriewe.
Die kamers het óf koningsgrootte beddens, óf tweelingbeddens en elk het ‘n en-suite badkamer, so elk kan 2 gaste huisves. Vier badkamers het ‘n bad en so ook ‘n stort en die ander een slegs ‘n stort. Al die badkamers het ondervloerse verhitting en so ook verhitte handdoekrelings.
Daar is sitruimte sowel as eetruimte in elke kamer en so ook ‘n privaat balkon of stoep met ‘n tafel en stoele. Verder is daar ‘n klein kombuisie, goed toegerus vir selfsorg met ‘n stoof en oond, mikrogolfoond, kroegyskassie, ketel, broodrooster, breekgoed, messegoed, en so meer.
Badhanddoeke en so ook strandhanddoeke
Bed linne en so ook ander beddegoed
Onderdakbalkon of stoep
Tee- en koffiemaakgeriewe
Geriewe by The Anchorage Stilbaai
Braaigeriewe buitekant (Weber)
Geen kinders onder 12 jaar oud
Geen rokery binneshuis
Gemeenskaplike sitkamer met ‘n kaggel en so ook ‘n platskerm TV
Kredietkaartfasiliteite (Visa en so ook Mastercard)
Restaurant op die perseel
Satelliet TV (alle DStv-programme)
Troeteldiere word nie toegelaat nie
Veilige parkering op die perseel
Graig & Annette Thorne
Tel: 028 754 3730
Cell: 083 441 9900