Diaz Hotel & Resort
Diaz Hotel & Resort Mossel Bay
4 Star Hotel and Self-catering accommodation with Conference and Functions Venues as well as a Dormitory. Right on the shore of the well-known Diaz Beach in Mossel Bay, Western Cape. Along the ever so strikingly beautiful Garden Route.
The Hotel sits a mere 10 m from the high-water mark in the bay where Portuguese navigator, Bartolomeu Dias set foot way back in 1488. The Diaz Hotel was, of course named after this famed and brave historical explorer. A life-size replica of his boat can be seen in the Dias Museum – frightfully insignificant and vulnerable compared to what we are used to more than 500 years later.
They offer various different culinary choices from palatable dinners and cocktails to café-style lunches with cool-drinks.
Accommodation at Diaz Hotel & Resort
There are 86 superior sea-facing rooms as well as 1 wheelchair-friendly room. All the rooms have a private balcony with deck chairs from where the breathtaking ocean view and fresh air can be enjoyed. The rooms come in double rooms, family rooms, family suites, honeymoon suites, twin rooms as well as self-catering suites.
Our Family Suites include a king-size bed, second bedroom with two twin beds as well as a mini bar fridge.
Some rooms are equipped with air-conditioning. The doors are key card operated, non-smoking as well as cleaned every day. Guests can, of course, arrange wake-up calls with reception.
- Bed linen as well as towels
- Coffee & Tea Tray
- En-suite bathroom with bath, separate shower, twin basins and also amenities
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- International plugs as well as shaver sockets
- Mini lounge
- Mini bar fridge
- Opening windows
- TV with DSTv
- Writing desk
The Diaz Hotel dormitory can in fact sleep up to 60 students and sits opposite the indoor swimming pool and super tubes.
Diaz Hotel & Resort Facilities
- Free under-roof parking
- Outdoor rim-flow pool with deck chairs, of course exclusively for the use of hotel guests
- 24 Hour Front Desk Service
- Communal lounge (Foyer & Restaurant)
- Disability accessible facilities
- Dormitory room for school groups
- Laundry services
- Conference as well as functions venues
- Room service (07:00 – 21:30)
- Safe deposit box
- Fully equipped gym with sauna, sun bed as well as personal trainer by appointment
- On-premises Convenience Shopping Centre and also an ATM
- Private surfing lessons can be arranged on request
Conference and Functions Facilities at Diaz Hotel & Resort
Diaz Hotel offers three venues for conferences and functions such as weddings.
The Pero Dias Conference Centre
This venue can accommodate 700 people cinema-style, or seated at tables 300 people can fit in. It has all the modern facilities such as a white board and projector as well as nearby break-away rooms.
The Diaz Conference Centre
This room is on the ground floor and can accommodate 24 people in boardroom-style and 40 people in cinema-style. It offers a magnificent view of the Bay and Indian Ocean. This venue is also equipped with a white board and projector.
The Starlight Room for Functions
The Hotel also offers a room on the 12th floor for functions such as award ceremonies, weddings and other special occasions. It can accommodate 100 people cinema-style or 80 people seated at tables. The balcony with its glorious view is an ideal setting for hosting a cocktail function.
Function services they offer on request are decor, banquet equipment as well as a sound system.
Whether you make use of the Starlight room for your wedding, or have the ceremony as well as the reception at the ocean’s edge, this is a perfect location for your big day.
Activities and Attractions in Mossel Bay and Surrounds
- Visit the Bartolomeu Dias Museum and peruse the life-size replica of his ship
- Hartenbos Museum, as well as
- The Cape St Blaize Lighthouse, also
- The Point of Human Origins, likewise
- Diaz Water Park
- Garden Route Casino
- Botlierskop Private Game Reserve where, in fact, you can spot Africa’s Big Five
- Hike along the St Blaize Hiking Trail as well as take
- Romonza boat trips
- Scuba diving and also
- Shark cage diving at the Shark Lab as well as
- Bungee jumping at the Gouritz River Bridge on the N2 towards Albertinia
- Hot-air ballooning
- Golf as well as bowls and other formal sports
- The list goes on and on….
Diaz Hotel & Resort in Mosselbaai
4-Ster Hotel en selfsorg akkommodasie met konferensie en funksies-fasiliteite en so ook ‘n slaapsaal vir studente, 10 m bokant die hoogwatermerk op die Diaz-strand in Mosselbaai.
Hulle bied verskeie maaltydkeuses, van uithang met skemerkelkies en al, tot kafeestyl etes en koeldrank.
Akkommodasie by Diaz Hotel & Resort
Daar is 86 kamers en so ook 1 rolstoelvriendelike kamer, almal met balkonne wat oor die see uitkyk. Sommige kamers het lugversorging. Die deure werk met kaartsleutels, is rookvry en word elke dag skoongemaak. Linne word ingesluit en so ook handdoeke en haardroërs. Daar is tee- en koffiemaak fasiliteite, ‘n kroegyskassie en so ook DStv.
Die slaapsaal kan tot 60 studente huisves en is oorkant die binneshuise swembad en die glygeute.
Diaz Hotel & Resort Fasiliteite
- Gratis onderdak parkering
- Gym met sauna, sonbed en so ook ‘n persoonlike afrigter per afspraak
- OTM op die terrein
Konferensiefasiliteite by Diaz Hotel & Resort
Daar is twee konferensie sentrums en een vertrek vir funksies. Die konferensie kamers is toegerus met die moderne fasiliteite soos ‘n witbord en projektor. Daar is ook wegbreekkamers beskikbaar.
Trou-onthale en ander spesiale geleenthede kan in die Funksies-kamer gehou word. Die Hotel kan help met dekor, bankettoerusting en so ook ‘n klankstelsel. Die balkon by die Funksies-vertrek is ‘n perfekte plek vir ‘n skemerkelkiefunksie.