Category: Self Catering
Geelhout@8 Studio Apartment in Stilbaai
Self-catering holiday accommodation for 4 people in a cosy, comfortable and neatly tucked away little garden flat in Still Bay West. Geelhout@8 is not attached to the main house and has its own private entrance. This popular and pleasant coastal village is situated around the Goukou River estuary in the Hessequa area of the Garden Route in the Western Cape, South Africa.
Geelhout@8 is private, neat and clean with an unpretentious but inviting appearance, what with the sweet little awning over the sliding glass door entrance surrounded by a soft-green support frame. The exterior, as well as most interior walls are raw brick, which, together with a patch of whitewashed plaster here and there and some discrete tiling in the bathroom and kitchen, creates a warm rustic look.
This self-catering studio apartment is well-placed. It is situated approximately 2 km from the Stilbaai harbour as well as one of the blue flag beaches. Moreover, the OK Grocer is a mere 800 metre away and the Fynbos Centre with various shops and restaurants is 1,2 km from Geelhout@8.
Accommodation at Geelhout@8
This studio apartment sleeps up to 4 people. Children are welcome since the property is fenced.
It comes with two bedrooms, one larger room with a queen size bed, bed lamps as well as a large built-in cupboard. The smaller bedroom has two single beds, bed lamps, a large mirror and also packing space. The shared bathroom offers a shower, toilet and hand basin equipped with complimentary toiletries as well as bath towels.
There is a small but well-equipped kitchenette for self-catering purposes with a gas stove, fridge-freezer, microwave, kettle, etc.
In addition there is a small living area with chairs, a small table, a couch and a TV mounted on the wall as well as a DVD player.
The sliding glass door of the apartment opens onto a well tended lawn with chairs and an outside barbecue/braai facility.
Guest can visit a laundry in town to wash their clothes. There is a washing line available at the apartment as well as an iron and ironing board.
- Bed linen (fresh linen once a week)
- Bath towels (bring own beach towels, please)
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- TV, full DStv as well as a DVD player
- Gas stove with oven
- Microwave oven
- Fridge/freezer (extra deep-freeze facility available)
- Cutlery, crockery as well as glasses for 4 people
- Pots, pans, also cooking utensils
- Heater as well as fan
- Outside barbecue/braai facility and also utensils
- Fire extinguisher
- Washing line (use laundry facilities in town)
- Iron as well as ironing board
- Child friendly (fenced premises)
- Pets – talk to owners first
- No smoking in the apartment
- Free open and uncovered parking on fenced premises
- Payment method – Cash and/or EFT (No credit card facilities)
- Private entrance
- Cleaning service included (once a week)
Activities and Attractions in Still Bay and Surrounds
- The Stilbaai area boasts a number of beaches with Blue Flag status where water lovers can swim, sun bathe, surf as well as scuba dive and windsurf to their hearts’ content.
- The Goukou River flows through Still Bay and offers more water related activities such as canoeing, water skiing, paddling as well as fishing.
- Still Bay and surrounding areas is a paradise for birdwatchers.
- There is also many a hiking and mountain biking trail for those nature lovers.
- During winter months the southern right whales visit the South African coast which you can enjoy watching from various lookout points.
Intriguing Sites to Visit in the Area
Stilbaai and Jongensfontein (some 9 km away) are situated in an area which has a rich history.
Do yourself a favour and visit these sites:
- You have to witness the cleverly engineered ancient fish traps.
- See the shell middens the ancient people left behind.
- Pay a visit to the Blombos Museum of Archaeology and peruse artefacts from the Blombos caves.
Far less ancient, nevertheless well worth visiting:
- Don’t miss the feeding of the freshwater eels in the rock fountain called Palinggat.
- Stroll through the fascinating indigenous garden in Stilbaai East, the ‘Tuin op die Brak’.
- Make sure to visit the cheese-making farm, Kasselshoop en route to Stilbaai.
- Attend a gin tasting at the local distillery, Inverroche.
Formal Sport in Stilbaai
- Still Bay has a lovely 72 par, 9 hole golf course.
- Likewise a bowling green with a stunning view over the ocean.
- Also other active clubs such as tennis, jukskei, pistol shooting, bridge and chess.
- Don’t forget the miniature golf course (Putt-Putt) on the eastern side of the river.
Shopping Opportunities and Banks in Stilbaai
- Various gift shops, clothing stores, grocery stores, flea markets as well as side-walk fruit and vegetable stalls.
- Still Bay also offers various restaurants, real estate agents as well as night life and events organised with holiday makers in mind.
- There are three banks as well as various ATMs.
- One petrol station in town as well as one a few kilometres outside town on the way to Riversdale.
Emergency Services in Still Bay
- Still Bay offers all the necessary emergency services such as doctors, pharmacies, dentists as well as vets.
- The SA Police Station is very alert as well as efficient.
- The NSRI Station is also highly responsive and capable. (National Sea Rescue Institute)
Geelhout@8 Vakansiewoonstel in Stilbaai
Selfsorg vakansieverblyf vir 4 persone in ‘n knus, gerieflike en weggesteekte klein tuinwoonstelletjie in Stilbaai-wes. Die woonstel staan los van die hoofhuis en het sy eie privaat ingang. Dit is skoon en netjies en die rou baksteenmure binne en buite skep ‘n rustieke voorkoms en warm gevoel.
Geelhout@8 is 2km van die hawe en so ook een van die blouvlag strande. 800 meter van die OK supermark en 1,2 km van die Fynbossentrum met sy verskeidenheid winkels en restaurante.
Akkommodasie by Geelhout@8
Die vakansiewoonstel kan tot 4 persone huisves. Die erf is omhein, so kinders is welkom.
Daar is 2 slaapvertekke waarvan die groot kamer ‘n koningingrootte bed met bedlampies het en ‘n groot ingeboude kas. Die kleiner kamer het twee enkelbeddens, bedlampies, ‘n groot spieël en so ook pakplek. Verder is daar een badkamer met ‘n stort, wasbak en toilet met komplimentêre toiletgoedjies en badhanddoeke.
Die klein, maar goed toegeruste selfsorgkombuisie het ‘n gasstoof, yskas/vrieskas, mikrogolfoond, ketel, en so meer.
Verder is daar ‘n klein leefspasietjie met stoele, ‘n tafeltjie, ‘n bank, ‘n TV wat teen die muur gemonteer is en so ook ‘n DVD-speler. Die glasskuifdeur loop uit op ‘n goedversorgde grasperk met stoele en buitebraaifasiliteit.
Gaste kan hulle wasgoed in die dorp by die wassery in die Fynbossentrum was. By die woonstel word ‘n wasgoeddraad, strykyster en ‘n strykplank voorsien.
- Linne en beddegoed (vars linne eenkeer per week)
- Badhanddoeke (bring eie strandhanddoeke, asb.)
- Komplimentêre badgoedjies
- TV, vol pakket DStv en so ook ‘n DVD-speler
- Gasstoof met oond
- Yskas/vrieskas (eksta vriesfasiliteit beskikbaar)
- Messegoed, breekgoed en so ook glase vir 4 persone
- Potte en panne asook kookgereedskap
- Verwarmer sowel as waaier
- Buite-braaifasiliteit en so ook braaigereedskap
- Wasgoeddraad (gebruik wasfasiliteit in die dorp)
- Strykyster en so ook ‘n strykplank
- Kindervriendelik (erf is omhein)
- Troeteldiere – bespreek dit eers met die eienaar
- Geen rokery in die woonstel, asb.
- Gratis oop parkering op die omheinde perseel
- Betaalwyse – kontant en/of elektroniese oorplasing (Geen kredietkaartfasiliteit nie)
- Privaat ingang tot woonstel
- Skoonmaakdiens ingesluit, eenkeer per week