Gouritz Beach House
The house is in the best possible position being the corner plot overlooking both the mouth of the Gouritz River and the Ocean. From a pathway at the bottom of the garden you can stroll through the dunes directly onto the beach and to the river.
Because Gourtizmond is such a quiet place the wildlife abounds, buck, tortoise, hares and bird life. The birds love to be fed and beware, once you start feeding them they will return and call for food.
Gouritz Beach House
is fully equipped for self catering accommodation, there is a large movable braai, tv (however, you must take your own DSTV decoder or one can be hired for the duration of you stay), duvets and pillows supplied (bring your own bed linen and towels).
The house has five bedrooms, three en-suite, two rooms with twin beds and a family bathroom with shower and loo. Because all the bedrooms can be locked you can hire as many bedrooms you need along with the living areas and kitchen.
For example if it just you and your partner are looking for a romantic getaway you will only need to hire one of the bedrooms. Then the other four bedrooms will be locked off and the house will be all yours. However, if you want to take the kids, you may need an extra two bedrooms. Or the fill house can be hired, all 5 rooms and the price is adjusted accordingly.
Because of the location and size of the house. It is ideal and has been used on a number of occasions for weddings, anniversaries and other special events.
Things to Do
• De-stress – sit on the stoep and watch the ocean, the river and the wildlife.
• Take a walk along the beach, the river, the rocks or stroll through the village – you will soon fall in love with the place.
• Star gazing – sit out at night and look at the sky – amazing.
• Fishing – possibly one of the best places where you are still able to fish from the river, beach or rocks.
• Kite surfing, surfing and family games – the beach is wide and firm ideal for that family game of rugby or cricket.
• It is a paradise for children, no traffic, so take the bikes, skateboards etc. When our kids were small they would be off playing in the dunes. We could only get them back to the house by blowing a sports whistle at mealtimes.
• There is a slipway should you wish to take your boat or rubber-duck
Brian or Sue