Jakkalshoek – Self Catering Beach House Jongensfontein
If you are looking for a private Beach House in Jongensfontein near Stilbaai, this is it. This Self Catering modern Beach House is an affordable weekend stay or holiday home. Jakkalshoek presents a breathtaking view over the ocean and is privately situated 100 m from the sea. The surrounding area is in a word beyond beautiful, extremely child friendly and very neat.
Jongensfontein is a small, but extremely beautiful coastal town, about 10 km from Still Bay along the Garden Route in the Western Cape. The environment is pollution free, also safe and peaceful with safe natural swimming pools for children. It enjoys moderate temperatures as well as long sunny days.
Maximum occupation is 13 people and the minimum stay is for 2 nights.
The homestead is very comfortable with a lovely, spacious undercover veranda equipped with dining table and chairs and large open deck overlooking the vast Indian ocean. Of course with the indispensable exterior braai/barbecue on the veranda, as well as an interior braai/barbecue for those cold winter evenings.
The house has 4 bedrooms, 2 of which contain double beds, while the other 2 have single beds. There are 2 bathrooms, 1 with a shower and bath and the other with a shower only. They supply the bedding as well as towels.
There is of course an open plan lounge/dining area/kitchen. The kitchen is fully equipped for self catering including a fridge/freezer, gas stove, microwave oven, crockery and also cutlery.
In addition there is a separate apartment/bachelor’s flat offering sleeping accommodation for 5 people, also with a splendid view over the sea. There is a bathroom with a shower only, as well as kitchen facilities. The undercover veranda walks out onto the large wooden deck.
No smoking is allowed inside the buildings.
Facilities at Jakkalshoek
- Full frontal sea view
- Toilet paper, dish washing soap as well as black bags for refuge provided on arrival
- Bedding and also towels provided
- Parking of course on the premises
- Indoor as well as outdoor braai/barbecue facilities
Activities and Attractions in and around Jongensfontein
- Jongensfontein is very popular with surfers as well as rock anglers
- Swimming and sunbathing as much as weather permits of course
- There are cycling as well as hiking trails for the serious cyclists and hikers
- And of course Whale watching during the whaling season (June to October)
- Then you can visit the local museum as well as the Stilbaai Museum on bad weather days, or watch while they feed the eels
- Likewise enjoy a delightful visit to the Kleinjongensfontein Nature Reserve
- Do not forget the many different attractions in Still Bay, such as the Disco, Restaurants, Flea market, Touch Rugby, as well as the Ancient fish traps, Shell middens and many more
- Oh, and don’t forget the main holiday sport on rainy days: shopping, shopping, shopping
- Especially relevant Doctors, Pharmacies, Police Services and Emergency Services (NSRI) are only 10 km away in Still Bay.
Jakkalshoek Selfsorg Strandhuis Jongensfontein
Hierdie gerieflike strandhuis is baie privaat en sit 100 m van die see af met ‘n ongelooflike uitsig oor die Indiese oseaan. Dit is baie netjies en baie kindervriendelik. Daar is ‘n groot onderdak stoep met ‘n buitebraai sowel as ‘n braaiplek binneshuis vir koue reëndae.
Die hoofhuis kan 8 mense huisves in 4 kamers en 2 badkamers. Daar is ‘n oopplan woonarea/eetplekkie/kombuis. Die kombuis is toegerus vir selfsorg met die nodige dinge. Beddegoed en so ook handdoeke word verskaf.
Dan is daar ook ‘n aparte woonstel waar 5 mense kan slaap, ‘n badkamer met ‘n stort en so ook kombuisgeriewe. Dit het ook ‘n onderdak stoep wat uitloop op die groot houtdek.
1 Daytona Street