Karoo Palet Oudtshoorn Self-Catering Accommodation
Spacious self-catering apartment in a quiet suburb on the edge of the town. Only 3 km from the Oudtshoorn City Centre. In the Little Karoo, famous for its ostriches as well as the Cango Caves only a stone’s throw away. With a splendid view of the Swartberg mountain range. Where one can enjoy the typical, unique beauty of the landscape and vegetation of the Karoo.
Accommodation at Karoo Palet Oudtshoorn
The accommodation consists of a two-bedroom self-catering apartment, sleeping 4 people, as well as a separate semi self-catering room sleeping 2 people.
The air-conditioned apartment on the ground floor has two en-suite bedrooms (Aloe Room and Ostrich Room), each equipped with a King size bed (single beds can be provided on request). There is a an open plan kitchen/living/dining area opening onto a large open patio with gas braai facilities as well as seating. The living area has a open view TV with satellite TV offering selected channels. There are indoor as well as outdoor dining facilities.
The kitchen comes fully equipped with a stove and oven, microwave oven, kettle, fridge, cutlery, crockery as well as cooking utensils.
Wind Mill Room
This room is on the upper floor, has a separate entrance and is not part of the apartment. It has an en-suite bathroom with a shower and a king size bed (single beds can be provided on request). There is no TV, nor kitchen in this semi self-catering room, but it comes with a bar fridge, tea and coffee facilities and a microwave.With a balcony to enjoy the view.
Facilities at Karoo Palet Oudtshoorn
- Bedlinen as well as towels supplied
- Non smoking
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair enabled
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Braai/barbecue facilities
- Secure parking on premises with own remote
- No pets allowed
- No credit card facilities
- Airport shuttle
- Tour assistance can also be provided upon request
- Single beds can be provided on request
Guests can adopt a Vollie which is a mini-ostrich. (Oudtshoorn is well-known for its ostriches) When they arrive back home, they take a picture of Vollie in his new environment. This they send to the owners of Karoo Palet, the Swifts, together with the distance that Vollie has travelled to reach his new home.
Vollie travels for a noble cause. The Swifts contribute a donation to the Oudtshoorn Animal Welfare for every kilometer Vollie completes. Be sure to adopt a Vollie!
Activities and Attractions in Oudtshoorn and Surrounds
- Pampering-4U at Home, a professional mobile Spa Service will do their pampering at Karoo Palet.
- There is a Bonsai Collection on the premises. Your host can arrange entertaining and interesting classes for bonsai trees on request. (Book in advance)
- Hiking and biking trails.
- Karoo Palet is located 3 km from the Cango Wildlife Ranch and 20 km from the Cango Caves and the Cango Ostrich Farm.
- Oudtshoorn Aerodrome/Airport is 5 km away. The vibrant Oudtshoorn Aero Club runs and maintains services on behalf of the Municipality.
- Visit the Surval Boutique Olive Estate for some olive products tasting. They can prepare a picnic basket for you which you can enjoy in the quiet expanse of the Klein Karoo.
- Also visit Bella Mia Olives and Pottery in Schoemanshoek. Experience their delicious olive oil and exquisite hand-made pottery.
- Wilgewandel holiday farm camel rides.
- Art lovers – ArtKaroo Art Gallery, Bottega Art Gallery, Moooi Art Gallery @ Jamstreet (farm just outside Oudshoorn)
- CP Nel Museum as well as Arbeidsgenot Museum (House of CJ Langenhoven)
- Minwater Eco Adventures – Excursions in nature – Interpretive floral tours – Plant courses- Succulent courses – Nature schools for children as well as adults
Karoo Palet – Selfsorgverblyf in Oudtshoorn
Ruim selfsorgeenheid in ‘n stil woonbuurt op die randjie van die dorp. Net 3 km van die middel van die dorp in die Klein Karoo met ‘n onbelemmerde uitsig op die Swartberge. Hier kan mens die unieke skoonheid van die landskap en so ook die plantegroei van die Karoo geniet. Slegs ‘n klipgooi ver van die Kangogrotte en die Volstruisplase.
Akkommodasie by Karoo Palet Oudtshoorn
Die akkommodasie bestaan uit ‘n tweeslaapkamer selfsorgeenheid (slaap 4) en so ook ‘n aparte semi selfsorgkamer (slaap 2) los van die eenheid.
Die woonstel op die grondvloer kom met lugversorging, twee en-suite slaapkamers, elk met ‘n koningsgrote bed en kan 4 persone huisves. Daar is ‘n oopplan kombuis/eet/leefruimte wat uitloop op ‘n groot stoep met gasbraaier, eetplek en sitplek. Die kombuis is ten volle toegerus vir selfsorg en daar is ook ‘n TV met geselekteerde DStv kanale.
Hierdie semi selfsorg Windpompkamer op die boonste vloer is nie deel van die onderste eenheid nie en het sy eie ingang sowel as balkon. Die kamer het ‘n dubbelbed en en-suite badkamer met ‘n stort. Daar is geen TV of kombuis nie, slegs ‘n mikrogolfoond, kroegyskassie en so ook koffie- en teemaakgeriewe.
Karoo Palet Oudtshoorn Fasiliteite
- Beddegoed en so ook handdoeke
- Geen rokery binneshuis
- Kinders welkom
- Satelliet TV en so ook
- Gratis Wi-Fi
- Veilige parkering
- Geen troeteldiere en so ook
- Geen kredietkaartfasiliteite