Oue Werf Country House/Deli and Coffee Shop
Oue Werf Country House
Bed & Breakfast (B&B) or Guest House on a farm near Oudtshoorn (15 km) in the Klein Karoo. Full service and luxurious accommodation as well as traditional Klein Karoo countryside hospitality. A rare gem in the Schoemanshoek Valley, an area in the Western Cape which is world famous for its ostriches and its apricots. Also the striking scenic drives through the Swartberg as well as the Outeniqua mountains and valleys.
Feel safe and enjoy the historic (1857) country ambience in complete tranquillity surrounded by the beautifully manicured gardens. A touch of heaven what with the abundance of rosebushes and big old weeping willow trees in the banks of the pond.
Orchard Fine Foods Deli & Coffee Shop
Make sure you visit the on-site Tea Garden and Orchard Fine Foods Deli & Coffee Shop. They offer seasonal menus, with the best of local produce prepared with care, passion as well as love for food. Food such as slow cooked, aromatic stews and soups. Also enjoy a local wine from the wine list as well as a platter of cheeses and preserves. There they entertain daily tour bus visitors as well as self-drive visitors with lunch, cakes, cappuccinos, etc. On request they also offer a real South African ‘braai’ in the apricot orchard in summer. Additionally they have once monthly markets in the Orchard.
Breakfast is of course included while dinner is available on request. They offer a hearty farm breakfast on the patio or in the dining room. Please inform them of your dietary requirements beforehand.
They serve superb home cooked country dinner which usually include ostrich, on request in the elegantly decorated antique dining room. They have a fully licensed bar facility as well for you to enjoy the drink of your choice.
Accommodation at Oue Werf Country House
The beautiful converted farm buildings are very comfortable and cosy. In fact, some still have the original reed ceilings. There are 12 double or twin rooms, en-suite, and stylishly decorated with antiques. All the rooms have private entrances and are set apart from the main house.
Guests are welcome to the dining room as well as the lounge where there is a fireplace for those cold winter evenings.
In Room Facilities
- Bed linen, towels as well as toiletries
- Tea and coffee facilities and kettle
- Bar fridge as well as
- Complimentary sherry
- Hair dryer
- TV with cable channels
- Air-conditioning/fans and heaters as well as electric blankets
- Free WiFi in rooms
- Safe and also a radio/alarm clock
- No smoking in rooms of course
Oue Werf Country House Facilities
- Wheelchair access
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Free parking
- Breakfast included as well as
- Dinner on request
- Child friendly – all ages of course welcome
- Pets allowed by arrangement
- Bar – fully licensed
- No smoking indoors
- Payment by cash, EFT or credit card
Oue Werf Country House Services
- Wake up calls
- Secretarial services as well as
- Reception (business hours)
- Daily housekeeping and also
- Babysitting by arrangement
- Car hire arranged
- Guest lounge
- Laundry service
- Fax and telephone available
- Airport transfers by arrangement as well as
- Tours arranged
Activities and Attractions on and Around Oue Werf Country House
- Farm dam with foefie slide and also a raft
- Fishing as well as
- Horse-riding and Hiking Trails
- Cango Ostrich Show Farm
- Cango Wildlife Ranch as well as the
- Wine tasting
- Game Lodge – elephant feeding and washing
- Camel rides
- Rust en Vrede Waterfall
- Crocodile and Wildlife Ranch
- Cango Caves
Oue Werf Plaas-Gastehuis
Bed & Ontbyt (B&B) op ‘n plaas naby Oudtshoorn in die Klein Karoo. Gerieflike verblyf en tradisionele plattelandse gasvryheid. Geniet die totale vrede van die pragtig-versorgde tuine met die baie roosbome en groot ou treurwilgers op die walle van die dam. ‘n Stukkie hemel vir die moeë siel.
Besoek ook die Teetuin en die Orchard Fine Foods Deli en Koffiewinkel op die terrein. Hier bedien hulle dagbesoekers met middagetes, koek, cappuccino, ens.
‘n Groot plaas-ontbyt is ingesluit en aandete is beskikbaar op versoek. Hulle bedien heerlike boerekos (gewoonlik met volstruisvleis ingesluit) in die pragtig versierde eetkamer. So is daar ook ‘n tenvolle gelisensieerde kroeg waar jy die drankie van jou keuse kan bekom.
Akkommodasie by Oue Werf Gastehuis
Die pragtig aangepaste plaasgeboue is baie gerieflik en knus. Sommige het selfs nog die oorspronklike rietplafonne. Daar is 12 dubbelkamers met dubbelbeddens of 2 enkelbeddens met en-suite badkamers. Alle kamers het ‘n privaatingang en hulle is apart van die hoofhuis.
Gaste is welkom om die eetkamer en so ook die sitkamer te gebruik waar daar ‘n kaggel is vir daardie koue wintersaande.
Geriewe in elke kamer
- Linne, handdoeke en so ook toiletgoedjies
- Tee- en koffiemaak geriewe en ketel
- Komplimentêre sjerrie
- TV met satellietkanale
- Lugversorging/waaier/verwarmer en so ook elektriese komberse
- Gratis WiFi in die kamers
- Kluis en so ook ‘n radio/wekker
- Geen rook in die kamers
Oue Werf Gastehuis Fasiliteite
- Rolstoelvriendelik, so ook
- Kindervriendelik, en so ook
- Troeteldiervriendelik (reël vooraf)
- Betaling per kontant, eletroniese betaling en so ook krediet kaart
- Daaglikse skoonmaakdiens
- Lughawe vervoer
- Plaasdam met foefieswaai en ‘n vlot
Marius & Annelie Spies
Tel: 044 272 8712
Fax: 086 608 0924
Cell: +27 82 710 2761
Category: Self Catering
Grading: 3 Star
Rates: RP/P sharing per night