Paradise Self-Catering in Stilbaai
Paradise Self Catering in Stilbaai Book Direct and Save
Nestled right in the heart of the Still Bay Heights is the Paradise self catering apartment. Offering holiday accommodation for up to 7 guests in a quiet, safe and upmarket part of Still Bay West. Where guests can enjoy leisurely walks along the streets while admiring the beautiful gardens and the many birds. At night you may be fortunate enough to see a bush buck family grazing in the open gardens. You may also see the occasional tortoise crossing the street or even encounter a mole snake or puff adder during the warmer months.
Still Bay is a popular Western Cape coastal holiday destination in the Hessequa area of the Garden Route. Developed around the Goukou River mouth where it runs into the Indian Ocean offering lots of water activities and other interesting attractions. Paradise is about 3.5 km from the main business area of Still Bay West and the blue flag beach of Still Bay East.
Paradise in the Stilbaai Heights
The house sits on top of a slight paved slope and is built on two levels. The top level forms the main house where the owners live. The ground level consists of the self-catering two bedroom apartment as well as garages and undercover parking. There is also a private undercover paved corner/patio with a picnic table and a portable stainless steel outdoor braai facility. All the windows are really large allowing lots of light and sun into the house. Children are welcome, but unfortunately, no pets, please.
Free parking for two vehicles is available on the premises of which one is undercover. There is a wall fence with an electronic gate for which you will receive a remote control. Entrance to the self-catering unit is private, either by the front door or a sliding door on the side. There is a low step at the front door making it relatively easy for a wheelchair to enter. The bathroom, though, is not equipped for disabled persons.
Accommodation at Paradise Self Catering
The self-catering apartment can sleep up to 7 guests in two bedrooms as well as in the living room. One bedroom has a double bed and the other a double bed with single bunk bed combination. Both rooms have built-in cupboards with hangers for clothes as well as a hair dryer. Bed linen and other bedding, bath towels as well as complimentary toiletries are provided.
There is only one bathroom with a bath, basin as well as a shower with a large shower head. The toilet is in a separate room. Another toilet and shower are available away from the unit and can be accessed from the outside.
The open plan living/dining/kitchen space is large with comfortable chairs and a flat screen TV with DStv (bring your own card). Also a DVD player, games as well as free WiFi. No smoking is of course allowed inside the house. There is a dining nook with bar chairs at the kitchen. Also in the living area is a single bed with a pull-out bed which can offer either two single beds, or one double bed.
The kitchen comes with a stove with an oven, fridge/freezer combination as well as a box freezer and double sink for washing up. Also a kettle, toaster, microwave, coffee maker, plunger and egg boiler. Likewise crockery, cutlery, ample cooking utensils and a vacuum cleaner, neatly stowed away in a cupboard.
Laundry facilities are available in the form of a front loader washing machine, iron and ironing board. There is a sizeable foldable drying rack for delicate clothes as well as an outdoor washing line in the backyard.
Facilities at Paradise Self Catering
- Bath towels (bring own beach towels, please)
- Bed linen as well as other bedding
- Child friendly
- Clothes hangers
- Complimentary toiletries
- DVD player
- Fire extinguisher
- Flat screen TV
- Free WiFi
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Hair dryer
- Laundry facilities
- No credit card facilities
- No smoking indoors
- Outdoor braai/barbecue facilities
- Parking on the premises
- Pets are not allowed
- Private entrance to apartment
- Satellite TV – bring your own card
- Semi-wheelchair friendly
Activities and Attractions in Still Bay and Surrounds
- Blue Flag beaches for swimming and sun bathing, surfing in the breakers, scuba diving, as well as windsurfing and body boarding and more
- Goukou River for canoeing, water skiing, fishing, paddling as well as boating
- Fishing in the river as well as rock fishing and deep sea fishing
- Paradise for bird watchers what with the many land as well as sea bird species around
- Hiking trails from gentle strolling along the beach/river to challenging trails such as the Still Bay to Jongensfontein trail along the coast
- Mountain biking trails for the more adventurous and fit
- Whale watching during the winter months when the southern right whales are visiting the South African coastal waters
- Visit the fascinating ancient fish traps
- Peruse the shell middens where the ancient people disposed of their waste
- Visit the Blombos Museum of Archaeology which is accommodated in the Still Bay Tourism Bureau. Obtain full insight on the Blombos cave and the discoveries made such as cave drawings and other interesting artefacts
- Witness the feeding of the eels at the Palinggat (eels rock fountain) and pop in at the Museum while you are there
- Take a walk through the ‘Tuin op die Brak’ indigenous garden on the eastern side of the river
- Visit the cheese-producing farm, Kasselshoop and learn about cheese-making
- Or visit the local gin distillery for a taste of the gin they are very proud of
- Still Bay has a lovely 72 par, 9 hole golf course
- Likewise a bowling green with the most striking view over the ocean
- Also other active clubs such as tennis, jukskei, pistol shooting, bridge and chess
- There is also a miniature golf course (Putt-Putt) on the eastern side of the river
Shopping Opportunities and Banks
- Various gift shops, clothing stores, grocery stores, flea markets as well as side-walk fruit and vegetable stalls
- Still Bay also offers various restaurants, real estate agents as well as night life and events organised with holiday makers in mind
- There are three banks as well as various ATMs
- One petrol station in town as well as one a few kilometres outside town on the way to Riversdale
- Still Bay has available all the necessary emergency services such as doctors, pharmacies, dentists as well as vets
- The decidedly efficient and competent S A Police Station
- Also the highly responsive and capable NSRI Station (National Sea Rescue Institute)
Paradise Selfsorgverblyf Boek Direk en Spaar
Hierdie selfsorg-vakansieverhuring is in die hartjie van die Stilbaaihoogte en bied verblyf vir tot 7 gaste in die 2 slaapkamer-eenheid. Die omgewing is veilig en stil en gaste kan lekker lang wandelings neem deur die kronkelende strate en die mooi tuine geniet. Jy mag selfs ‘n skilpad teenkom en so teen skemer mag jy bosbokkies en steenbokkies sien. En kyk maar uit vir die moontlikheid van ‘n pofadder of ‘n molslang.
Paradise is omtrent so 3.5 km van die besigheidsgebied in Stilbaaiwes en ook van die hoof blouvlagstrand in Stilbaai-oos. Die huis is gebou op twee vlakke waarvan die boonste vlak deur die eienaars bewoon word. Die onderste vlak bestaan uit die woonstel en so ook drie garages. Daar is gratis parkering vir twee gaste voertuie op die perseel, waarvan een onderdak is.
Voor die woonstel is so ‘n onderdak patiogedeelte waar gaste kan kuier rondom ‘n vlekvrye staalbraaier terwyl hulle ‘n drankie geniet en die buitelug geniet.
Akkommodasie by Paradise Self Catering in Stilbaai
Die selfsorgeenheid kan 7 mense slaap verspreid oor twee kamers asook die woonruimte. Een kamer het ‘n dubbelbed, die ander kamer het so ‘n dubbelbed onder, enkelbed bo-kombinasie vir drie mense. In die leefarea is ‘n enkelbed met nog een onder wat kan uittrek en oplig tot dieselfde hoogte. So kan jy dan twee enkelbeddens of een dubbelbed maak. Beide kamers het ingeboude kaste en ‘n haardroër. Linne en so ook ander beddegoed, toiletgoedjies en badhanddoeke word ook voorsien. Bring asb. jou eie strandhanddoeke saam.
Daar is slegs een badkamer met ‘n bad, wasbak en stort met so ‘n lekker groot stortkop en die toilet is in ‘n aparte vertrek. Nog ‘n toilet en stort is buite die woonstel beskikbaar waarvan toegang van buite is.
Die oopplan leef-eet-kombuisruimte is groot met gemaklike sitplekke en ‘n platskerm TV met DStv (bring net jou eie kaart saam). So ook ‘n DVD-speler , speletjies en gratis Internettoegang. Geen rokery binneshuis nie, asb. Daar is ook ‘n eethoekie met ‘n toonbank en kroegstoeltjies by die kombuisgedeelte.
Die kombuis is toegrus met ‘n stoof met ‘n oond, yskas-vrieskas-kombinasie en nog ‘n vrieskas. So ook ‘n ketel, broodrooster, mikrogolf, koffiemaker, breekgoed, messegoed, potte, panne en ‘n stofsuier.
Daar is ook wasgeriewe in die vorm van ‘n voorlaaier wasmasjien, yster, strykplank en so ook ‘n droograk en wasgoedlyn buite agter die huis.
Fasiliteite by Paradise in Stilbaai
- Badhanddoeke (bring eie strandhanddoeke, asb.)
- Bedlinne en so ook ander beddegoed
- Geen rokery binneshuis
- Geen kredietkaartfasiliteite
- Gratis Internettoegang (WiFi)
- Kinders welkom
- Komplimentêre toiletgoetertjies
- Parkering op die perseel
- Platskerm TV
- Privaatingang tot die wooneenheid
- Satelliet TV – bring eie kaart
- Ten volle toegeruste kombuis vir selfsorg
- Troeteldiere word nie toegelaat nie