Platbos 10 Stilbaai Book Direct and Save
Platbos 10 Stilbaai Book Direct and Save
Self-catering holiday accommodation for 4 in Still Bay, an enchanting coastal town in the Hessequa area, Western Cape Province, South Africa. Spread around the estuary of the Goukou River where it meets the Indian ocean. Within 2 km from the beach as well as the river-mouth as well as within brisk walking distance from many amenities. This accommodation is ideal for a family of four and sits on the same property as the owner’s house.
A sturdy wooden stairwell with wooden handrails leads to a deck. From there you can savour an unobstructed view over a part of Still Bay as well as the ocean. On a clear day in winter, using binoculars, you might be able to watch the southern right whales romping in the water. Every day the colour of the sea shows a different mood, always captivating.
Accommodation at Platbos 10 Stilbaai Book Direct and Save
This self-catering holiday apartment comes with two bedrooms each sleeping 2 persons. The main bedroom has a double bed and en-suite bathroom with a toilet, basin and shower. The other bedroom has a double bunker bed for 2 children and shares the bathroom. They provide the bedding, but guests should please bring their own towels.
There is a spacious living area containing a table with seats, comfortable chairs and a coffee table with a chess set ready for the play. The flat-screen TV is mounted on the wall.
The kitchen is fully equipped for self-catering with amenities such as a fridge/freezer, microwave and a 4 plate stove with oven and extractor fan. Also cutlery, crockery, cooking utensils as well as a kettle and iron. There is also a table with four chairs in the kitchen.
Just outside the back-door is a washing-trough where you can do some laundry.
Facilities at Platbos 10 Stilbaai Book Direct and Save
- Bed linen and other bedding
- Bring your own towels, please
- Braai/barbecue facilities
- Fully equipped for self-catering kitchen
- Free WiFi
- Safe parking off street
- Satellite TV with DStv
- No smoking inside
- Cash or EFT payments
- Cleaning service on request
Activities and Attractions in Still Bay and Surrounds
- Blue Flag beaches for swimming and sun bathing, surfing in the breakers, scuba diving, as well as windsurfing and body boarding and more
- Goukou River for canoeing, water skiing, fishing, paddling as well as boating
- Fishing in the river as well as rock fishing and deep sea fishing
- Paradise for bird watchers what with the many land as well as sea bird species around
- Hiking trails from gentle strolling along the beach/river to challenging trails such as the Still Bay to Jongensfontein trail along the coast
- Mountain biking trails for the more adventurous and fit
- Whale watching during the winter months when the southern right whales are visiting the South African coastal waters
- Visit the fascinating ancient fish traps
- Peruse the shell middens where the ancient people disposed of their waste
- Visit the Blombos Museum of Archaeology which is accommodated in the Still Bay Tourism Bureau. Obtain full insight on the Blombos cave and the discoveries made such as cave drawings and other interesting artefacts
- Witness the feeding of the eels at the Palinggat (eels rock fountain) and pop in at the Museum while you are there
- Take a walk through the ‘Tuin op die Brak’ indigenous garden on the eastern side of the river
- Visit the cheese-producing farm, Kasselshoop and learn about cheese-making
- Or visit the local gin distillery for a taste of the gin they are very proud of
- Still Bay has a lovely 72 par, 9 hole golf course
- Likewise a bowling green with the most striking view over the ocean
- Also other active clubs such as tennis, jukskei, pistol shooting, bridge and chess
- There is also a miniature golf course (Putt-Putt) on the eastern side of the river
Shopping opportunities and Banks
- Various gift shops, clothing stores, grocery stores, flea markets as well as side-walk fruit and vegetable stalls
- Still Bay also offers various restaurants, real estate agents as well as night life and events organised with holiday makers in mind
- There are three banks as well as various ATMs
- One petrol station in town as well as one a few kilometres outside town on the way to Riversdale
- Still Bay has available all the necessary emergency services such as doctors, pharmacies, dentists as well as vets
- The decidedly efficient and competent S A Police Station
- Also the highly responsive and capable NSRI Station (National Sea Rescue Institute)
Platbos 10 Stilbaai Boek Direk en Spaar
Selfsorg vakansieverblyf vir 4 in Stilbaai, Wes-Kaap, waar die Goukourivier uitmond in die Indiese oseaan. Binne 2 km van die rivier en strand en binne ‘n flink stappie van die winkels. Van die houtdek is daar ‘n wye uitsig oor ‘n deel van die dorp en so ook die oseaan.
Akkommodasie by Platbos 10 Stilbaai Boek Direk en Spaar
Hierdie selfsorg vakansiewoonstel het 2 slaapkamers en een badkamer met ‘n stort, toilet en wasbak. Die een kamer het ‘n dubbelbed en die ander kamer ‘n stapelbed waar twee kinders gerieflik kan slaap. Linne en beddegoed word voorsien, maar gaste moet asseblief hulle eie handdoeke bring.
Die ruim woonvertrek het gemaklike stoele, ‘n tafel met sitbankies en so ook ‘n koffietafel met ‘n skaakspel daarop uitgepak. ‘n Platskerm TV is teen die muur gemonteer.
Die kombuis is ‘n aparte vertrek en is ten volle toegerus vir selfsorg met items soos ‘n yskas/vrieskas en 4-plaat stoof met oond. So ook ‘n mikrogolfoond, messegoed, breekgoed, kookware, ‘n ketel en ‘n strykyster. Daar is ook ‘n tafel en vier stoele in die kombuis.
Net buite die agterdeur is ‘n wastrog waar wasgoed gewas kan word.
Fasiliteite by Platbos 10 Stilbaai Boek Direk en Spaar
- Linne en ander beddegoed
- Bring jou eie handdoeke, asseblief
- Gratis WiFi
- Veilige parkering van die straat af
- Kontant of Elektroniese Fondsoorplasings
- Volledig toegeruste kombuis vir selfsorg
- Geen rokery binneshuis
- Skoonmaakdiens op versoek
- Satelliet TV met DStv
Pieter & Yolanda Mostert