Sleeping Beauty Guest House
Sleeping Beauty Guest House Riversdale
3-star Bed and Breakfast, B&B, or Self Catering and Free WiFi in Riversdale on the Garden Route. It’s an owner managed establishment offering superior accommodation, hospitality and personal attention to tourists and business people. Accommodation consists of six en-suite rooms in the main house as well as a self catering loft lodge. The loft has two bedrooms, each with a private bath room as well as an open plan kitchen/ dining area. All rooms have TV and tea and coffee making facilities.
Sleeping Beauty Guest House sits on a hectare of land in the oldest street in Riversdale, namely Long Street. It was built in 1880 as a Victorian parsonage and was painstakingly restored into this lovely accommodation. Only 1.2 km from the centre of town, it offers a stunning view of the Langeberg Mountains as well as the Sleeping Beauty Mountain peak.
Breakfast is included in the rates of the rooms inside the house and is served in the dining room of the main house. The guests in the Loft self-catering unit can enjoy breakfast in the house, but at additional cost. They also offer dinner by arrangement at an extra cost, of course. Guests need to pre-book a dinner which includes a three course meal in the dining room. If you want wine, you should bring your own.
Accommodation at Sleeping Beauty Guest House
The Rooms in the House
There are 6 large wheelchair enabled en-suite rooms sleeping 2 to 3 guests (including breakfast (B&B) in the rates) Some of the bedrooms are furnished with lovely two tone wooden furniture and others such as bedposts and dressing tables with mirrors. Also writing desks, bed lamps as well as loose standing wardrobes. The dark wooden ceilings are high with open rafters and the floor are carpeted.
All the rooms are equipped with tea and coffee making trays, TVs, wall panel heaters, fans as well as linen, bedding and towels.
The Loft sleeps 4 guests and has a private entrance by means of a wooden staircase on the outside of the house.
This self-catering unit is ideal for guests who would prefer to prepare their own meals. It comes with 2 bedrooms, one with a double bed as well as en-suite shower and toilet. The other with 2 single beds and a private shower as well as toilet.
Furthermore it has an open plan living/dining/kitchenette area with a television, dining nook and comfortable seating. The kitchenette is equipped for self-catering with a bar fridge, microwave oven, two plate stove as well as a kettle. Also pots, a frying pan, cutlery as well as crockery.
Facilities at Sleeping Beauty Guest House
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Breakfast included in the rate (except for the loft guests)
- Ceiling fans as well as wall mounted heaters
- TV with SABC, E-TV and also MNet
- Free WiFi in the house
- Braai/barbecue facilities
- Outside seating under the trees in the garden with a pond and also beautiful ducks
- Wheelchair enabled
- Daily housekeeping
- Child friendly – all ages
- No smoking inside the house or loft
- Free parking off the street
- Safe deposit box at reception
- Wake-up calls
- Well behaved pets allowed by prior arrangement
- Payment by cash, EFT as well as credit card (Visa and Mastercard) No cheques accepted
- Tour assistance
Activities and Attractions in Riversdale and Surrounds
- Explore the garden laid out and also planted with indigenous water-wise plants.
- Visit the Julius Gordon Centre and peruse the collection of artworks of some of South Africa’s most famous artists. Situated in Long Street and also close to the Guest House.
- There are various interesting hiking trails, such as to the top of the Sleeping Beauty mountain peak, starting from the old Toll House. Also the Bushbuck trail and the Grysbok trail in the Grootvadersbosch Nature Reserve.
- Mountain bikers can enjoy some of the best and safest cycling routes in town as well as the surrounding country.
- Try out the exciting 4×4 routes, horseback safaris as well as abseiling.
- There is also a picturesque 9 hole golf course where visitors are always welcome.
- Still Bay and Witsand with their beautiful blue flag beaches are only a short drive away, both of which also offers more activities than the obvious water sports.
Sleeping Beauty Gastehuis en Selfsorgverblyf in Riversdal
3-Ster Bed & Ontbyt (B&O) of selfsorgverblyf in Riversdal, Wes-Kaap op die mooie Tuineroete. Op ‘n hektaar grond in die oudste straat in die dorp, Langstraat, en slegs so 1.2 km van die middel van die dorp.
Ontbyt word by die prys ingesluit, behalwe vir gaste in die selfsorgeenheid. Hulle kan ook ontbyt nuttig, maar teen ekstra koste. So is ‘n driegang aandete ook beskikbaar, maar moet vooraf bespreek word en is nie by die prys ingesluit nie.
Akkommodasie by Sleeping Beauty Gastehuis
Daar is 6 rolstoelvriendelike kamers in die hoofhuis en ook ‘n soldereenheid.
Kamers in die Huis
Die groot en-suite kamers slaap 2 tot 3 gaste. In elke kamer is daar koffie- en teemaakgeriewe en ‘n TV. So ook ‘n muurgemonteerde verwarmer, waaier, linne, beddegoed en handdoeke.
Dit is ‘n selfsorgeenheid en hier kan 4 persone slaap in die 2 slaapvertrekke. Die een kamer het ‘n dubbelbed en en-suite badkamer met ‘n stort en die ander een het 2 enkelbeddens en so ook ‘n privaat badkamer.
Verder is daar ‘n oopplan leef/eet/kombuisarea met ‘n TV, eethoekie en so ook gemaklike sitplekke. Die kombuisie het ‘n kroegyskassie, mikrogolfoond, tweeplaatstoof en so ook ‘n ketel. Ook potte, ‘n braaipan, messegoed en breekgoed.
Sleeping Beauty Gastehuis Fasiliteite
- Gratis WiFi in die huis
- Daaglikse skoonmaakdiens
- Gratis parkering
- Kindervriendelik – alle ouderdomme
- Geen rokery binneshuis
- Troeteldiere met voorafreëling toegelaat
- Betalings d.m.v. kontant, elektroniese fondsoorbetalings en so ook kredietkaarte (Visa en Mastercard) Geen tjeks word aanvaar nie.
Sleeping Beauty Guest House
3 Long Street
Tel: 028 713 1651
Cell: 082 674 7639
Category: Guest House, Bed and Breakfast, B&B, Self Catering, Free Wifi
Rates: From R620 for 2 per night