Swaansnes Luxury Self Catering in Stilbaai
Luxury upmarket self-catering holiday accommodation in Still Bay. Favoured coastal holiday destination in the Western Cape, South Africa along the well-known Garden Route. Developed around the Goukou River estuary and offering various exciting opportunities to water sport lovers. Located in the Heights in Still Bay West with incredible views of the river, the estuary and the ocean.
From the patio of this fully equipped self-catering ground-floor unit in the hills one can enjoy watching the most captivating sunsets. Also equally breathtaking daybreaks if you are an early riser. Some early mornings you can see the fog rising from the river, on other days you can watch as the fog rolls in from the sea.
Only 1 km away from the Goukou River and 3,5 km from Lappiesbaai, one of the blue flag beaches on the eastern side of the river.
Accommodation at Swaansnes Stilbaai
This self-catering apartment comes with two bedrooms with built-in cupboards. The main bedroom has a double bed as well as a full en-suite bathroom, while the other room has two single beds. There is another full bathroom as well as a separate guest toilet.
In the living/dining area is a television, a dining table and chairs as well as the possibility of sleeping space for 2 children. (There is also an alternative room with built-in cupboards available if so preferred)
The small kitchen is equipped for self-catering with items such as a two-plate stove with oven, fridge/freezer, microwave oven and sink. A 57 cm Weber braai is also available.
In addition there is an outdoor shower with cold as well as warm water to wash off the sand from the beach before entering the house.
Swaansnes Stilbaai Facilities
- Braai/barbecue facilities – 57 cm Weber braai
- Fully equipped kitchenette for self-catering
- Outside shower with warm as well as cold water
- Towels are not provided
Activities and Attractions in Still Bay and Surrounds
- Blue Flag beaches for swimming and sun bathing, surfing in the breakers, scuba diving, as well as windsurfing and body boarding and more
- Goukou River for canoeing, water skiing, fishing, paddling as well as boating
- Fishing in the river as well as rock fishing and deep sea fishing
- Paradise for bird watchers what with the many land as well as sea bird species around
- Hiking trails from gentle strolling along the beach/river to challenging trails such as the Still Bay to Jongensfontein trail along the coast
- Mountain biking trails for the more adventurous and fit
- Whale watching during the winter months when the southern right whales are visiting the South African coastal waters
- Visit the fascinating ancient fish traps
- Peruse the shell middens where the ancient people disposed of their waste
- Visit the Blombos Museum of Archaeology which is accommodated in the Still Bay Tourism Bureau. Obtain full insight on the cave and the discoveries made such as cave drawing and other interesting artefacts
- Witness the feeding of the eels at the Palinggat (eels rock fountain) and pop in at the Museum while you are there
- Take a walk through the ‘Tuin op die Brak’ indigenous garden on the eastern side of the river
- Visit the cheese-producing farm, Kasselshoop and learn about cheese-making
- Or visit the local gin distillery for a taste of the gin they are very proud of
- Still Bay has a lovely 72 par, 9 hole golf course
- Likewise a bowling green with the most striking view over the ocean
- Also other active clubs such as tennis, jukskei, pistol shooting, bridge and chess
- There is also a miniature golf course (Putt-Putt) on the eastern side of the river
Shopping opportunities and Banks
- Various gift shops, clothing stores, grocery stores, flea markets as well as side-walk fruit and vegetable stalls
- Still Bay also offers various restaurants, real estate agents as well as night life and events organised with holiday makers in mind
- There are three banks as well as various ATMs
- One petrol station in town as well as one a few kilometres outside town on the way to Riversdale
- Still Bay has available all the necessary emergency services such as doctors, pharmacies, dentists as well as vets
- The decidedly efficient and competent S A Police Station
- Also the highly responsive and capable NSRI Station (National Sea Rescue Institute)
Swaansnes Luukse Selfsorgverblyf in Stilbaai
Stilbaai is ‘n gewilde kusvakansieplek in die Wes-Kaap in Suid-Afrika op die Tuinroete. Dit is ontwikkel rondom die Goukouriviermonding in die Indiese Oseaan en bied so verskeie opwindende wateraktiwiteite vir watersportliefhebbers. Die vakansieverblyf is in die Stilbaaihoogtes met ‘n ongelooflike uitsig oor die rivier, die monding en die oseaan.
Dit is slegs 1 km van die rivier en 3,5 km van Lappiesbaai, een van die blouvlagstrande aan die oostekant van die rivier.
Akkommodasie by Swaansnes Stilbaai
Die selfsorgwoonstel kom met twee slaapkamers albei met ingeboude kaste. Daar is ‘n dubbelbed in die hoofslaapkamer en so ook ‘n vol en-suite badkamer. Die ander kamer het twee enkelbeddens en daar is nog ‘n vol badkamer en so ook ‘n aparte gastetoilet.
In die leef/eetruimte is ‘n televisie, tafel met stoele en so ook die moontlikheid van slaapplek vir twee kinders. (Daar is ook ‘n alternatiewe kamer met ingeboude kaste indien dit so verkies word.)
Die klein kombuisie is toegerus vir selfsorg met items soos ‘n tweeplaatstoof met oond, yskas/vrieskas en so ook ‘n mikrogolfoond. So is daar ook ‘n 57 cm Weberbraaier beskikbaar.
Verder is daar ‘n buitestort met koue en so ook warm water wat bedoel is om die sand van die strand af te was.
Geriewe by Swaansnes Stilbaai
- Braaigeriewe – 57 cm Weberbraaier
- Buitestort met warm en so ook koue water
- Handdoeke word nie verskaf nie
- Ten volle toegeruste klein kombuisie vir selfsorg
47 Erica Street
Still Bay Heights