The Queen of Calitzdorp
The Queen of Calitzdorp
Four Star Guest House, Bed and Breakfast (B&B) accommodation with free Wi-Fi in Calitzdorp. In Kannaland in the Little Karoo (Klein Karoo) near Oudtshoorn. On the R62 which is the longest wine route in the world.
This newly renovated establishment is largely powered by solar panels. They are doing their best to help conserve water and energy, thus they have implemented up-to-date environmental standards throughout. To keep their beautiful gardens watered, they make use of water from grey water tanks as well as rain water tanks. They have many indigenous plants in the garden which are also suited for the dryer, warmer area.
They serve breakfast in the dining room with the beautiful wooden tables and chairs with stuffed seats as well as a wooden floor. Or you can take breakfast outside in the lovely peaceful garden, enjoying the tranquillity and scrumptious food.
Accommodation at The Queen of Calitzdorp
This Guest House in Calitzdorp offers 15 rooms, all equipped with en suite bathrooms. These bedrooms can be divided into 8 different categories offering slightly different levels of luxury as well as pricing. All rooms sleep two guests except for the Family King rooms which, of course sleep four – two adults and two children 12 years and younger.
- Deluxe King rooms – have an extra length bed which can also be converted to two twin beds as well as a balcony.
- Deluxe Queen rooms – have an extra length bed as well as a balcony.
- Exclusive Twin/Exclusive King rooms – have an extra length bed which can be converted both ways as well as a balcony.
- Exclusive Queen rooms both have a balcony.
- Superior Twin room – one room with standard twin beds which can be converted to a king bed. This room does not have a balcony.
- Superior Queen room – one room with a standard bed as well as a balcony.
- Standard Queen room – one room with a standard queen-size bed and no balcony.
- Family King rooms – have an extra length king bed and a maximum of two pull-out single bed (good for kids of 12 years and younger). Cots are also available. Of course there is an additional charge per child. The family rooms come without a balcony.
Amenities in All Rooms
- Private bathroom with bath or shower
- Bathrobe, slippers, also free toiletries and toilet paper
- Towels as well as linen
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- Flat-screen TV with satellite channels as well as a radio
- Safety Deposit Box
- Free Wi-Fi
- No smoking in the rooms of course
- Private entrance
- Tea and Coffee making facilities, kettle, bar fridge
- Entire unit located on ground floor
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
The Queen of Calitzdorp Facilities
- Communal dining room as well as an
- Outdoor dining area
- Lounge with fireplace
- No smoking indoors of course
- Satellite TV
- Swimming pool and sun loungers
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Secure parking for cars as well as tour buses
- Views over Boplaas vineyards, Nel’s River valley as well as the town and the Swartberg mountain range
- No pets allowed – only service animals by prior arrangement
Activities and Attractions in Calitzdorp and Surrounds
- Walking distance from Boplaas, De Krans as well as Calitzdorp Cellar wine-tasting rooms.
- Day tours to popular tourist attractions in the area such as Seweweekspoort, Die Hel, Prince Albert, De Rust, the Cango Caves and working ostrich farms.
- Visit historical houses and Calitzdorp Museum. Collect a brochure and map at The Queen of Calitzdorp reception desk.
Bike tours such as the Nel’s Dam route, Circle route and CalitzdorpSpa route. Take care to have enough liquids, especially in summer.
- Hiking in the Grootkloof in Gamkaskloof as well as the Guarrie trail in the nature reserve.
- Hot air ballooning in Prince Albert.
- Self drives such as the Groenfontein valley circle route, Highgate ostrich farm, Robinson pass to Mossel Bay, Gamkaskloof, Rust & Vrede waterfalls.
- 4X4 trails in the Gamkaberg Nature Reserve as well as Bôjaankop 4X4 trail at Matjiesrivier.
Gastehuis vir ‘n Koningin in Calitzdorp
Vierster Gastehuis, Bed en Ontbyt (B&O) akkommodasie en gratis Wi-Fi in Calitzdorp. Hierdie onlangs opgeknapte gastehuis maak grootlik gebruik van sonkrag en het ook opgaartenks vir grys water en so ook reënwater wat vir die tuine aangewend word.
Jy kan ‘n heerlike ontbyt nuttig in die eetkamer of in die tuin vol inheemse plante.
Akkommodasie by The Queen of Calitzdorp
Die Gastehuis het 15 en-suite kamers van verskillende klasse t.o.v. luuksheid en koste. Al die kamers huisves 2 persone behalwe die familiekamers waar twee volwassenes en twee kinders onder 12 kan bly.
Geriewe in al die kamers
- Privaat badkamer met stort of bad
- Kamerjas, pantoffels, toiletgoedjies, en so ook toiletpapier
- Linne en so ook handdoeke
- Platskerm TV met satelliet kanale en so ook ‘n radio
- Gratis Wi-Fi
- Geen rokery in kamers
- Privaat ingang
- Tee- en koffiemaakgeriewe, kroegyskassie en ketel
Fasiliteite by The Queen of Calitzdorp
- Gemeenskaplike eetkamer en so ook
- Buitelug eetplek
- Sitkamer met kaggel
- Geen rokery binneshuis
- Satelliet TV
- Swembad met sonstoele
- Gratis WI-FI
- Veilige parkering vir motors en so ook toerbusse
- Geen troeteldier behalwe werkende diere slegs met voorafreëlings
The Queen of Calitzdorp 4 ster Akkommodasie in Calitzdorp.
Tel: 044 213 3057
Cell: 060 992 2797
Category: Guest House, Bed and Breakfast, B&B, Free Wifi
Grading: 4 Star
Rates: From R425 P/P sharing per night