SeaGem Luxury Self Catering Flat Stilbaai
A lovely little self-catering flat in the heart of Still Bay, popular coastal holiday town in the Hessequa area along the Garden Route in the Western Cape. The town is sprawled around the Goukou River estuary running into the Indian Ocean offering a variety of water related sports and other activities. Sea-Gem, a one room with en-suite bathroom unit, is conveniently placed across the street from shops, hairdressers, banks as well as restaurants.
The decor in this cosy little apartment is stylish and the clever furnishing offers all the necessary equipment for self-catering. There are ample windows letting in lots of natural light as well as sun. Sitting securely on the first floor, it is the perfect overnight (or longer) accommodation for individuals as well as couples.
Although the apartment building is in Fynbos Street opposite to the Fynbos Centre, entrance to the beautiful Sea-Gem is around the corner in Perdekuil Street.
Accommodation at SeaGem Still Bay
The holiday unit offers quality accommodation for two guests.
Sea-Gem self-catering holiday rental consists of one large room with an en suite bathroom with a shower, toilet as well as a basin. The open plan bed/living/dining/kitchenette room offers a double bed with bed lamps and bedside tables as well as a storage box a the foot of the bed. Linen and bedding is of course provided. Along the same wall as the bed is a small fireplace with wood which will come in handy during cold winter evenings.
In the living area are two comfortable cane chairs and a cupboard on top of which the TV is installed, facing the bed. The fridge/freezer hides in this cupboard. The kitchenette area is behind a breakfast bar and bar stools forming the dining area. Furthermore the kitchenette offers equipment such as a microwave oven, crockery, cutlery, kettle, etc.
Facilities at SeaGem Still Bay
- Bath towels provided
- Bed linen as well as other bedding supplied
- Inside fireplace
- No smoking
- Street parking
- Pets not allowed
- Private entrance
- Satellite TV
- Secure on the first floor
- TV (with DStv)
Activities and Attractions in Still Bay and Surrounds
- Blue Flag beaches for swimming and sun bathing, surfing in the breakers, scuba diving, as well as windsurfing and body boarding and more.
- Goukou River for canoeing, water skiing, fishing, paddling as well as boating.
- Fishing in the river as well as rock fishing and deep sea fishing.
- Paradise for bird watchers what with the many land as well as sea bird species around.
- Hiking trails from gentle strolling along the beach/river to challenging trails such as the Still Bay to Jongensfontein trail along the coast.
- Mountain biking trails for the more adventurous and fit.
- Whale watching during the winter months when the southern right whales are visiting the South African coastal waters.
- Visit the fascinating ancient fish traps.
- Peruse the shell middens where the ancient people disposed of their waste.
- Visit the Blombos Museum of Archaeology which is accommodated in the Still Bay Tourism Bureau. Obtain full insight on the Blombos cave and the discoveries made such as cave drawings and other interesting artefacts.
- Witness the feeding of the eels at the Palinggat (eels rock fountain) and pop in at the Museum while you are there.
- Take a walk through the ‘Tuin op die Brak’ indigenous garden on the eastern side of the river.
- Visit the cheese-producing farm, Kasselshoop and learn about cheese-making.
- Or visit the local gin distillery for a taste of the gin they are very proud of.
- Still Bay has a lovely 72 par, 9 hole golf course.
- Likewise a bowling green with the most striking view over the ocean.
- Also other active clubs such as tennis, jukskei, pistol shooting, bridge and chess.
- There is also a miniature golf course (Putt-Putt) on the eastern side of the river.
Shopping Opportunities and Banks
- Various gift shops, clothing stores, grocery stores, flea markets as well as side-walk fruit and vegetable stalls.
- Still Bay also offers various restaurants, real estate agents as well as night life and events organised with holiday makers in mind.
- There are three banks as well as various ATMs.
- One petrol station in town as well as one a few kilometres outside town on the way to Riversdale.
- Still Bay has available all the necessary emergency services such as doctors, pharmacies, dentists as well as vets.
- The decidedly efficient and competent S A Police Station.
- Also the highly responsive and capable NSRI Station (National Sea Rescue Institute)
SeaGem Selfsorg Woonstel in Stilbaai
‘n Pragtige klein selfsorg woonstelletjie in die hartjie van Stilbaai, letterlik regoor die Fynbossentrum met winkels, haarkappers, banke, en so ook restaurante. Die eenkamer-met-badkamer vakansieplekkie is pragtig versier en so slim gemeubileer dat alles wat nodig is in daardie ruimte beskikbaar is. Sea-Gem is die ideale oornagverblyf (of langer) vir een of twee persone veral so omdat dit veilig op die eerste vloer geleë is.
Die gebou is in Fynbosstraat regoor die Fynbossentrum, maar die ingang tot die woonstel is vanuit Perdekuilstraat net om die hoek
Akkommodasie by SeaGem Stilbaai
Hierdie gerieflike vakansiewoonstel bied kwaliteitverblyf aan twee gaste.
Sea-Gem selfsorg vakansieverhuring bestaan uit een groot vertrek en ‘n en suite badkamer met ‘n stort, toilet en so ook ‘n wasbak. Die oopplan slaap/leef/eet/kombuisruimte het ‘n dubbelbed met bedlampies en bedkassies en so ‘n dennehoutkis aan die voetenend. Linne en beddegoed word voorsien. Teen dieselfde muur is ‘n klein kaggeltjie met hout vir daardie koue wintersaande.
In die leefarea is daar twee gemaklike rottangstoele en so ook ‘n kas waarin die yskas/vrieskas wegkruip. Die televisie is bokant die kas aangebring. Verder is die kombuisie agter ‘n ontbyttoonbank met kroegstoele wat so die eetplek vorm. In die kombuisie is selfsorgbenodigdhede soos ‘n mikrogolfoond, breekgoed, messegoed, ketel, en so meer.
Geriewe by SeaGem Stilbaai
- Badhanddoeke word voorsien
- Bedlinne en so ook ander beddegoed word verskaf
- Geen rokery binneshuis
- Privaat ingang
- Satelliet TV
- Troeteldiere word nie toegelaat nie
- TV (met DStv)
- Veilig op die eerste vloer
C/O Perdekuil Ave & Fynbos Str